In Ontario, trade in real estate is regulated by the Real Estate Council of Ontario. RECO is a not-for-profit corporation responsible for administering the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 on behalf of the provincial government.
Compaints must be made in writing and should include the following information:
- Your name, phone number, address and any other contact information you wish to provide (i.e. e-mail address).
- The names of all real estate practitioners involved.
- Details of the specific concerns or allegations.
- Copies of any supporting documents. DO NOT submit original documents. Original documents should be retained in the event that they are required at a later date.
- Complaints may be submitted by fax, mail or e-mail to: Office of the Registrar, Real Estate Council of Ontario (“RECO”), 3300 Bloor Street West, West Tower, Suite 1200, Toronto, ON M8X 2X2. Fax: 416-207-4820. E-mail:email@example.com
- Visit RECO’s web site for more information: www.reco.on.ca